background

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Chocolate Flowers

Bet that title got your attention huh?  I mean what woman doesn't love chocolate and flowers. But these flowers have chocolate IN them! I saw flowers like this on Michelle Suit's website and thought they were the cutest thing on the planet!! I knew I had to make some. Well, I've been invited to participate in a card ministry at a local church this Saturday. They make cards for Operation Write Home, and this month the theme is Christmas in July. I really wanted to make these flowers to take as a table decoration and to snack on. I wracked my brain, nearly blew a fuse until finally I thought CHRISTMAS FLOWERS. I have this gorgeous Stampin' Up designer series paper called "Be of Good Cheer," and thought it just might do the trick. I nearly went to Hobby Lobby and Walmart to look for some container when it occurred to me that I could cover a container with even more of this pretty paper. So I decided an empty can would be great, except I didn't have any sitting around and of course I wanted it NOW. So I decided I'd just open a can of something. Didn't have to look too far, cause I dearly love black olives and 8 of them are only 1 Weight Watchers point. So, I opened the can, ate eight of the olives, threw the rest in the fridge and cleaned out the can. No styrofoam....hmmmm aha! Thank goodness my husband is forever buying stuff without checking the pantry first. We have several bags of dried beans. This was so much fun to make, and I will enjoy seeing the smiles it brings on Saturday. Oh! I just realized they were made with Stampin' Up! products and people may want to make them. I sell Stampin' Up! now. Who knew I was such a little marketing monster? lol

I am so crazy about Stampin' Up's stamp sets with coordinating punches and die cuts that I began pinning pretty examples on Pinterest. Then I realized what a great tool for demonstrators to use to show customers all the different ways people use these sets!! So, I have begun grouping them into boards titled by the stamp set and listing the coordinating products. You can check out the board for this punch: http://pinterest.com/aikenmagnolia/su-mixed-bunch/
You know how the red liner from sticky tape is always full of static electricity and clings to everything in sight? Look closely at the can. See it? I noticed it AFTER I had taken the picture and uploaded it to the computer. Just now I found another piece on my hand while typing this.

6 comments:

  1. Such adorable little table decorations and chocolate to boot! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are so darling! That paper is just so right for those flowers. Yummy chocolates! LOL! That's funny that the red liner stuck to the can. I probably wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out! Great job and a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a lot of fun making these. I'm sure the ladies will enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These flowers look delicious! What a great gift idea. I'm now following you from SC and hope you'll follow me at http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com.

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, brilliant and delicious!! Cannot wait to try these!! Love them! Super nice job!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to read comments:)