We are huge college football fans. Go Clemson! These recipes have always been popular at our football parties.
2 pkg. Cream Cheese
1 pkg. pepperoni-cut into slices(I cut it into fourths)
1 jar pizza sauce
1 pkg shredded cheese (pizza blend)
Thaw cream cheese until soft, spread 1 pkg into bottom of casserole, top with pepperoni, pizza sauce and cheese. Repeat layers. Bake at 350 for 15-30 min. or until hot and bubbly.
1(16 oz.) loaf frozen bread dough – thawed
¼ lb. thinly sliced ham (I think I used more)
¼ lb. Genoa salami (I think I used more of this too, I don’t exactly measure)
½ tsp. basil – divided (maybe a bit more here too)
½ tsp. oregano – divided
3 oz. sliced provolone cheese
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozerella cheese (I’m pretty generous w/this too)
2 tablespoons marg. melted
1 TBsp cornmeal
Place bread dough on a lightly greased baking sheet; pat into a 15 X 10 inch rectangle. Arrange ham slices lengthwise down center; place salami on top. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp. basil and ¼ tsp. oregano. Arrange with provolone cheese over herbs, and top with mozzerella cheese; sprinkle with remaining herbs. Moisten all edges of dough with a small amount of water to seal. Bring each long edge of dough to center; press edges together securely to seal. Seal ends. Brush dough with 1 Tbsp. marg. Sprinkle with cornmeal, and carefully invert. Brush with remaining marg. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
makes 4 large servings (I always make 2 of these)
Cherry Nut Crisp
2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) pitted tart cherries
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup (heaping) quick-cooking tapioca
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
· Drain cherries, reserving 3/4 cup juice. In a large bowl, combine the cherries, sugar, tapioca, extract, salt, food coloring if desired and reserved juice; set aside for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
· In a small bowl, combine the crust ingredients. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. square baking dish; set aside.
· For topping, in another small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, pecans and oats. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
· Stir cherry mixture the; pour into crust. Sprinkle with topping.
· Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°; bake 30-35 minutes longer or filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown.