background

Friday, February 10, 2012

Unmounting Stamps, and shopping in the city again:)

I drove into the city again yesterday! My car drove right to the mall, and I didn't do anything silly! lol:) I met a friend, and we used coupons for Joann, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby! I've decided that Joann is my new favorite craft/art store! I love the huge selection they have, and the fact that they accept competitor's coupons! Plus, they had Tack N' Peel, which I am now in love with!! Hobby Lobby had all their cardstock on sale for half off. At 22 cents a sheet, that's a good buy. I like to able to buy just the colors that I want/need. I had a list, so I selected the plain colors that had a bit of texture. Oh, and you know girlfriends are such enablers right?  We found this gorgeous fabric in Joann that would look perfect in my kitchen and dinning room. Of course my girlfriend (who can REALLY sew) told me that I can make curtains. You see, I kind of play at sewing. I can make curtains, but clothes.... not so much. Unless of course you actually LIKE the waistband in  your skirt sewed on upside down, or the collar in your shirt backwards. I've also been know to sew pant legs shut (don't ask) and put zippers in upside down and wrong side out. Then there was the blouse with one sleeve longer than  the other. You get the picture right?  Curtains I can handle, they are rectangles:)  Hmmm if I make new curtains, that wallpaper will have to go, and then the walls will need to be painted... What a great day with a friend. We both scrapbook, she sews, crochets and decorates cakes, I rubber stamp and paint. We both have great husbands and we all have fun together.

I finally figured out how to deal with all this unmounted stamp business. My clear acrylic blocks already have some clingy stuff on them. My newer stamps from Impression Obsession and Flourishes stick to that just fine. However, when unmounting my older stamps, this Tack N' Peel is the stuff! I just put it on the other side of my acrylic blocks, so I can use either type of cling. The Tack N' Peel is cushiony so I can take my wood mounted stamps down to bare rubber. This makes storage a breeze as most of you know. I think I'm the last person on the planet to unmount her stamps! I'm going to continue to store them in my Iris Carts by theme. I've been doing that for 20 years, and if I change now, I'll probably forget and get all discombobulated ya know? Every time I move something in the house to what I think is a better storage place, I forget where I put it! I am sooo my mother!! So now, I've begun putting sticky notes in the old location telling myself where I moved it to. My husband asked me why there are all these sticky notes in the drawers and closets. When I explained, he simply said, "I'm with ya." Don't you love a man who "gets you?"

Now all I have to do is figure out whether I need to store the bare rubber stamps in CD cases, or just stack them in the Iris cart drawers????

Some of my Iris Carts, I have lots more on the other side of the room.


I just finished this Easter card yesterday. I think it was waiting for this gorgeous ribbon I found yesterday in Hobby Lobby. The stamp is from Peddlers' Pack and it was done in Prismacolor pencils.