background

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Football, Friends, NASCAR and Crafting Make a Great Weekend

What a weekend! I am a huge fan of college football and have been an Alabama fan since I was in high school. I wanted to study history there so badly, but it was a little too far from home for this Daddy's Girl. I've been a Clemson fan since my son went to school there. Alabama won yesterday yay! Clemson lost. Badly, very badly. Oh who am I trying to kid, they got waxed. NASCAR at Talladega today and my boy Kyle Busch finished sixth:( Disappointing, yes, but we had a nice evening with friends. We had great food including shrimp fresh off the boat.

Here are a couple of things I made today. The tea caddy is for our church fall festival and the suckers are for my craft show, as soon as I decide which design to use. The one with the Santa is a style I've seen on other blogs. The other one is my own design. It's supposed to look like a present. I hate to put a lot of work into something you can only sell for a dollar, so I'm tempted to go with the Santa pop, but anything 3D always appeals to me. I'm going to try one with some dsp and see how I like that. Last year I made snowman soup in actual soup cans with labels I designed. I thought they were so cute but they did not sell well at all. So this year I went to a more traditional design and will go with a lower price.