background

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Card Ministry Fun

The Card Ministry at St. John's United Methodist is such a delight for me.  I get to share something that I love doing with others while creating things for others. This group of ladies is a wonderfully supportive, fun, uplifting and happy group:) The Church staff often tells me how much they enjoy signing all the cards to be sent out at their Monday morning staff meetings. I've also had many, many, members tell me how much they have enjoying receiving our creations. Our Church gives birthday cards to seniors 76 and up. We also make cards for sympathy, thinking of you, thank you and Baptism. There is another wonderfully talented group of ladies that make quilts for the babies that are Baptized, so our cards are a nice addition to those wonderful gifts. We used an old boot box to store cards for the Ministers' secretary, Sarah. We made dividers to organize the cards, so that she can easily find what is needed each week for the staff to sign. The box is on an office counter so that ministers can select a card at any other time.

I recently had a special stamp made for the Card Ministry to use on the backs of all the cards we make. I wanted people to know that a group of people from the Church create these cards especially for them.
This week I have a great technique to share with our group as we work on birthdays and babies:) I want to give a sneak peek at what we will create. We'll be using a watercolor wash and a stencil among other things.
Our group has been meeting at Church on the second Monday of each month at 1:00. Beginning next month, on December 1, we will change to the first Monday of each month at 1:00.

I fell so blessed to have such an amazing congregation, who has become such an important part of my life. I've certainly been enriched by knowing so many terrific people.