background

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Bohemian Rhapsody

Rhapsody is an ecstatic expression of feeling or enthusiasm. That's exactly how I felt when I first saw all these products in the new catalog - ecstatic! I love anything Bohemian: art, clothes, rubber stamps even the song by Queen. I was thrilled to see this stamp set along with all the coordinating products, embossing folder, designer series paper, and washi tape. Gosh, I even adore the colors in the paper and washi tape!

Of course the fact that a Bohemian is a person, an artist or writer, who lives and acts free of regard for conventional rules and practices has nothing to do with it... giggles! I am pretty conservative, but with a definite Bohemian streak.

I'm listening to Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody right now. In music, rhapsody is an instrumental composition irregular in form and suggestive of improvisation. Improvisation… that’s exactly what we do when given pretty papers, stamps, and all the embellishments we collect. Designing projects... anything artistic just makes my soul sing, you know what I mean? Can you tell I've been reading Dictionary.com? Lol!


To say I've been having fun with this set is a total understatement! Designing a card set, matching pen and purse holder for a class next week was such a delight. Below are some of my experiments. After class, I will post those designs too. For now they are under wraps so my friends in class will be surprised.
Also used: Flower Shop, Work of Art stamp sets
Also used: tag topper punch
Also used: Big Day stamp set and Lots of Labels Framelits new
Also used: Hello You Thinlits new
envelopes