background

Monday, November 16, 2015

Stamping on Embossing Folders

I have played and played around working to get the look I wanted on this card. My first attempts were too dark and splotchy. I applied the ink directly from the ink pad. On a couple attempts I got so hung up on the ink, that I forgot to stamp the trees - big sigh. Then I tried sponges, and I still got ink in some places on the trees. I wanted them to remain white! argh!! Then I thought, why not try a brayer? Yeah, I know, duh! That worked out beautifully, I got a nice even, lighter toned coverage. The piece de resistance, was the glittery effect. At first I thought I'd use Heat n' Stick powder with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, then I thought the Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder would be better choice because it is more subtle. I got color inspirations from France Martin and Billie Moan.
Close up showing the glittery effect of the embossing powder

Project Details
Stamps
Lovely as a Tree
Card Stock & Papers
Mossy Meadow: card base- cut 5 ½ x 8 ½ score at 4 ¼
Crumb Cake: 4 x 5 ¼
Lost Lagoon: 3 ¾  x 5  
Whisper White: 3 ½ x 4 ¾   
Ink
Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, Smoky Slate, Versa Mark
Accessories
Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder,
Tools
Woodland Textured Impressions EF, Brayer, Heat Tool, Thin Black Sharpie
  • Apply ink to the embossing folder on the side with the Sizzix logo using Lost Lagoon for sky using the brayer, then ink the lower ground section with Smoky Slate. 
  • Stamp the pine trees in Mossy Meadow directly over the other colors on the embossing folder.  
  • Lay your cardstock inside the folder and run through Big Shot. 
  • With a thin black Sharpie, color in the birch bark lines.