background

Monday, December 30, 2019

Cool Tools You Gotta Have

I've got some great products to share with y'all. Our family makes up wish lists for Christmas each year. That way we get something that they want. Anyway, I got some great new products for my studio.

Tombo Sanding Eraser
First of all, the Mono sanding eraser is genius!! I took a lot of time with this card, got it all done, it was beautiful... and I turned around to see a smudge of black ink on the left hand side. Right on the edge, not like I could stamp something over it to cover it up. So I used the mono sanding eraser. It's amazing!! It took it off and it didn't eave a bunch of worn, shredded cardstock either! 
Black ink mark GONE!
Purple Tape
The next amazing tool is Purple Tape. That stuff works great without tearing the paper. It works much better than sticky notes or washi tape. I've used it to hold dies in place on my Big Shot, and to hold stencils and templates. 
Add caption

Teflon Bone Folder
A Teflon bone is simply wonderful! It's made so glue and other sticky residues will not stick to it while you are working on your project. Adhesive just peels right off! It doesn't stain, and won't leave any marks or shine on your paper, and the flat end is excellent for making creases. I love the fact that it's so easy to clean and keep clean. It can even be used on paper, fabrics, some plastics, leather, and many more soft materials.

Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat
Tim holtz glass mat is perfection!! I don't understand quite why, but you do end up with a bigger working space. You know how we always say that we end up with this little bitty corner on our desk we're actually working and all the junk gets all over everywhere else. Well, for some reason it doesn't happen with this. You really do end up using the entire mat for work space and the junk gets shoved off to the side. Plus the glass surface is terrific. It's very easy to wipe off. I got so tired of having to change grid paper every time I turn around because it got all sticky. This glass surface just wipes off anyting... tape, adhesive, paint, ink.

Embosser
My son had this Embosser tool made instead of the rubber stamp I was using on the back of my cards. Mine has a flourish and Created by Carole Parsons underneath.



Retractable Pen Blades
They are wonderfulness!! They are very precise to cut with and I no longer have to search for knife caps, the blades retract which is much safer. I like having three different sized blades too.


Indispensable
These are tools are not new to me, but they are indispensible in my craft room.

The Embossing Buddy prevents excess powder from clinging to cardstock, so you don't get annoying bits of embosed blotches where you don't want them.

This Paper Trimmer is the best I've had yet, and I've had several diferent brands. It's very affordable, itt scores, and trims with precise accuracy. I love that the longer blade lasts sooo much longer! I've had mine a few months and still have not changed the blade. My trimmer gets very heavy use too. It has imperial and metric measurements and a right-side grid for cutting thin strips. The Extension arm, when in closed position allows paper to butt against it at the 6" mark which is great for measuring smaller pieces. The 6" position on the rule mark has a little arrow pointing at the 6" line so it is very clear where the measurement is, making the jump from the board onto the extension arm easier to read for more accuracy.There is an edge all across the top, which really helps when cutting small pieces accurately. 15-3/8 x 8 x 1/2”

The Stamparatus is beyond amazing and absolutely the BEST stamp positioner on the market. This is literaliy the best thing since sliced bread! I have two other stamp positioners that sit on a shelf unused collecting dust. You can easily create 2-step, 3-step, and 4-step stamped images using reversible plates. It comes with a foam mat to use with photopolymer stamps, there are rulers and gridlines for quick measuring, 2 open sides so you can stamp on larger paper, AND 2 reversible plates: a total of 4 surfaces to work with 2 magnets to hold the paper in place.

Product List