background

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cooking Therapy

I've been AWOL from this blog because my only child took a job half way across the country. I was profoundly depressed at first, now just very lonely. So I've been cooking this week.
Tried the best new recipe tonight. Found it in Taste of Home magazine. In case y’all are interested, I found it online too: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Bacon-Swiss-Penne
(I left out the peas, cause I think they are yucky)

Made this when friends came over to watch football, and it was a hit.
Pumpkin Crisp Dessert

1 can pumpkin (15-16 oz.)
4 eggs
1 can evaporated milk (12 oz.)
1 ½ cups sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp. salt
TOPPING:
     1 box yellow cake mix
     1 cup melted margarine (2 sticks)
     1 cup chopped pecans

Mix all together and pour into a 9 X 13 pan that has been sprayed with Pam. Mix topping ingredients and sprinkle evenly over pumpkin mix, then drizzle on nuts. Bake at 350ยบ for one hour. Cool to warm temperature before cutting. Serve with Cool Whip or vanilla ice cream.