background

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Did She Say Baby Wipes?

Yeppers! I just read this great tutorial on Flourishes website. Joan Bardee, the author of the the tutorial, says, "My trick is to use a baby wipe on the pencils. I use a store brand called Baby Basics — “alcohol free”. Just take a wipe and softly run it over the area that you want to blend."  I can not wait to try this. As a matter of fact, I'm going to play just as soon as I get done blogging:)

I've got to tell you, I am now one of Flourishes newest fans. I am soooo in love with their images and can't wait to place an order. The only problem is choosing... I want them ALL! If you are not familar with them, you've got to check out their images, and lots of other products as well. Gee, they even have me rethinking my stance about not getting a die cut machine. Yes, you heard me correctly. Me - who swore she would never ever invest all that money in a machine and all the dies.  I'm just thinking about it though. lol   So which images am I considering for my first purchase? Wanna see? I actually have it narrowed to only eight sets of florals giggles:)
  • Gerber Daisys
  • Humming Along
  • Hello Hyacinth
  • Lenten Rose (Grandma used to just love these)
  • Fuchsias in Bloom
  • Lilacs (ohh I remember these growing up in Indiana)
  • Spring Bouquet
  • Sunflowers
  • Poppy Patch
How am I going to choose?????

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carole,

    I'm going to try and leave a comment and hope and pray that it works. The last day or so, I have been able to leave comments on other blogs that have a pop up comment box that I haven't been able to comment on for about 2 months!

    I *LOVE* Flourishes botanical stamps - they are beautiful and I think all their stamps are great quality in my experience.

    I am very partial to fuschias - maybe because my late father had so many in his garden that he grew from cuttings. There is just something special about how the flowers remind me of ballerinas :-) and of course, they remind me of being in the garden with Dad.

    I looked at the baby wipes thing on Flourishes - really interesting how people use things that I never would have thought of with pencils.

    By the way, if you do end up buying a diecutting machine, you will love it! I have never regretted getting mine and it is so nice to be able to diecut circles and ovals - handcut ones that I used never looked very good. Sometimes you don't know how much you will use something until you actually have it and then you wonder what you did before you had it! I always said I would never buy square or rectangle nestabilites as I thought it was just as easy to cut those shapes yourself, but I ended up buying them and I love being able to diecut something that is actually square/a rectangle as I always cut things crooked - I am a shocker at cutting straight!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog Carole and for your lovely comments - I really appreciate them.

    Good look with choosing your Flourishes stamps - can't wait to hear what you end up getting.

    {{hugs}}
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to read comments:)