background

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Card Ministry

Yesterday was the first meeting of the Card Ministry at my church and I had such fun! I wanted to use my rubber stamping hobby in some way that would benefit St. John's. I asked our minster and the Director of Discipleship Resources what type of cards were sent to the congregation. It turns out that they send a quite a few for various reasons. I thought by forming a group of ladies to create beautiful hand-made cards it would give us the opportunity for fellowship while creating something for others to enjoy. Our first group was small, but I'm confident it will grow. Yesterday we made 30 cards. I'm excited that we already have donations of card stock, now I'm working on envelopes.
 Our purpose is to provide hand-made greeting cards to the Church to use for:
  • Shut-ins
  • Get Well
  • Senior Birthdays
  • New Babies (to go with the Christening blankets given at Baptisms)
  • Sympathy
  • Fundraising efforts such as Honduras and Apple Fest
I only have one to show, because the rest are in the hands of our church staff:)