background

Friday, August 30, 2013

Origami Box

I must be on the box channel lately:)  This one was quite a challenge. I have several origami books and have made boxes before, but this one is a bit different. I LOVE BELLY BANDS! Most people who have posted directions for this type of box are German and I can't even say hello in German. I could only find two videos in English. One done by a German American Demo with a rather thick accent, and one by an Australian Demo. The first didn't explain it in a way that I could really get it and the second one's measurements were incorrect. So By watching both of them with a lot of rewinding, I finally figured it out. I'll make another this week, take pictures and post a tutorial. You know, I really do not like video tutorials. I hate rewinding and watching over and over. I'd rather just have written directions and pictures. I am not auditory AT ALL. I don't learn or remember from hearing things. Just write it down or show me a picture and I'm good to go.

Venetian Romance dsp, pumpkin pie, soft suede and basic black card stock, and pumpkin pie chevron ribbon.

This is the first one I made. I wanted to try it with some dsp that I didn't like, so I wouldn't waste anything pretty. Retired dsp and ribbon.