background

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Spiral Flower Die Topiary

This turned out sooooo pretty and I can not get a picture to look as good as it does in person to save my life! Yes I used photo editing, the one on my tablet and Photoshop. I took a class at the university on digital photography and still this is the best I can do. That's pitiful isn't it?  lol Anyway, the styrofoam ball was $4.99 w/coupon it was $3.00, the tin bucket was on sale for 3.00 I had a dowel, and a styrofoam block at home as well as the hot glue, cardstock and ribbon. So the total cost for me was $6. I originally thought of putting some moss in the bottom, but in trash I saw a curled up strip of paper and I though ooooh! So, I cut some more strips and curled them up on purpose.  I used Blushing Bride and Primrose Petals cardstock and dsp. The Primrose cardstock was the coredinations so I sanded it to give the petals some depth. The ribbons are white and Primrose as well and the green curls are Gumball Green dsp. I was so proud of myself for coming up with this as I had not seen anyone else do a topiary with the spiral flower die.... yep! This morning I saw one on another Demo's blog. Big sigh... oh well, great minds think alike right? giggles


Project Details
Stamps
Petite Petals
Card Stock & Papers
Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Sweet Sorbet DSP
Ink
Pool Party, Bermuda Bay
Accessories
Basic Black 1/8" Taffeta Ribon
Tools
Petite Petals Punch, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Scallop Tag Topper Punch

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Oh the time you put into this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I know how long it takes to make just one flower. Yes, the curled green papers were a stroke of genius! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carole, this is gorgeous! You did a fantastic job with this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I really can't wait to get my hands on that die! You totally rocked this Hun...AWESOME work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to read comments:)