background

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Valentine and Spring, But Where oh Where are the Blue Skies and Sunshine?

You many NEVER hear me say things again, but I am officially sick of rainy, dreary days! I need sunshine and blue skies! I've tried everything I can think of to get it to stop raining: refrained from washing my car, over dress with all the warm clothing I own everywhere I go, and carry my umbrella with me constantly. Here in the deep south, we always need rain. In fact we've had several years of drought, but I just can't help it, I am sick to death of rain and gray skies. It reminds me of the years we lived in Michigan. No offense to anyone who lives there, but I found all that rain to be depressing. We moved there when I was a teenager, and I moved to South Carolina before I even finished college. I shouldn't complain, what about the poor peach farmers????

The first card uses a stamp set from SALE-A-BRATION. It's one of the things you can get for free, every $50 you spend.

AFTER I made the Valentines' Day card, it occurred to me I should have used the Heart Embosslits!!  I love how they cut and emboss all at once, and the little embosslit has different size hearts and patterns too:)

Project Details
Stamps
Painted Petals
Card Stock & Papers
Pacific Point, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper
Ink
Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi
Accessories
Pearl Basic Jewels
Tools



Project Details
Stamps
 Lotus Blossom, Gorgeous Grunge, Bloom With Hope
Card Stock & Papers
 Whisper White, So Saffron
Ink
 So Saffron, Strawberry Slush
Accessories
 1/8 Taffeta Ribbon Melon Mambo, Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Stampin Dimensionals, Pearl Basic Jewels
Tools
 Lovely Lace Embossing Folder, Windows Framelits, Modern Labels Punch

Project Details
Stamps
Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock & Papers
Real Red: card base 5 ½ x 8½ score at 4 ¼
                                     greeting stamp 1 x 1 ¾
                                     larger mat  2 7/8 x 2 5/8
                                     smaller mat w/bird 2 ½ x 2 ¼
                                     hearts embosslits 2 ¼ x 2 ¼
Whisper White: embossed layer 5 ¼ x 4
                                bird punch 2 ½ x 3 ¼
                                smaller mat 2 5/8 x 2 3/8
Ink
Real Red
Accessories
Stampin’ Dimensionals
Tools
Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Bird Builder Punch, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, sm Heart Punch, Fashionable Hearts Embosslit