background

Monday, August 13, 2018

Bokeh Revisited

I wrote a tutorial on how to do the Bokeh technique a while back and you can find it here. Some people do a wash with watercolors and some with Stampin' Up! inks. As mentioned in the tutorial, you can use watercolor paper or Shimmery White cardstock.  In these samples I used SU inks, Aqua Painter. The differences are mainly how the stamped image was done. The first one is silver embossed, which in real life looks gorgeous. I can't get it to scan well to show you the true effect. The second one is just stamped with Memento Tuxedo Back. The last one is again done with silver embos powder, with one other difference. I didn't do a wash.  I wanted to see how the Bokeh technique would look with the background simply sponged with daubers. It's not bad, and definitely worth it if you are in a hurry. It doesn't have that ethereal effect though, which is what makes Bokeh so lovely. The stamped image is Dandelion Wishes.