background

Sunday, January 14, 2024

Holy Cow! It's Notes of Nature

I have two cut bundles to share with you today. The first one was made with the Cutest Cows bundle. I'm not normally one to use cutsy stamps, but this cow just knocks my socks off, especially when I got to brainstorming cow puns with some Demonstrator friends. If you'd like a copy of my list, you'll find it below the cow. To make this card I used a Basic Black card base, topped with a Balmy Blue layer that is 4 x 5-1/4. Then I cut a piece of Real Red 2-1/2 x 4, which was embossed with the Timber embossing folder. To make it look like a barn door, I cut strips of Basic White that were 1/4" wide and glued them criss crossed, then around all four edges. For the door handle I cut a strip about 1/8" wide and punched concentric holes with my smaller hole punches. The cow was punched from Pecan Pie cardstock and the hooves and spots were colored free hand with a black marker. The horns were punched from Early Espresso CS then stamped in Basic Black. the nose was punched from Petal Pink CS, the tail and Forelocks from Crumb Cake. I stamped the eyes and nose/mouth in Black ink. The cloud was cut freehand. For a bit of whimsy, I attached the head with a Dimensional. Oh! I almost forgot the grass! It was diecut from Garden Green CS with the Meadow dies.

Here are a whole bunch of Cow Puns to use with your Cutest Cow Bundle: 

Cute Cow Puns and Greetings

Cow Puns and sayings: https://app.box.com/s/p24sz4vtw1rqotbwhildyzknknjvz2ik

Stamps

Notes of Nature

Paper

Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Pretty Peacock, Lost Lagoon

Ink

Pecan Pie, Crumb Cake, Lost Lagoon, Stampin' Blends in Lost Lagoon

Embellishments


Tools

Notes of Nature Dies, Sponge Daubers