background

Friday, May 17, 2024

What is Black and White and Red All Over?

 A Beautiful Stampin' Up! card!! I'm telling you, if you don't have the layering Beauty bundle with layering stencils, rush, run, no sprint now to order. I PROMISE you will love it. My friend Deb and I both got it and we are having so much fun with it!

I still have some of the black and white checked ribbon from the last catalog and decided it was crying out for black, white and red. For the stenciling, I used a light application Real Red for stencil #1, heavy application of Real Red for stencil #2, Cherry Cobbler for stencil #3, Old Olive for stencil #4 and Garden Green for stencil #5. The cardstock colors are Basic Black, Basic White and Real Red. The greeting was heat embossed with white embossing powder. The white layer was dry embossed with Exposed Brick embossing folder. The DSP.... is NOT DSP! I didn't have any small print black and white so I made my own! I just used Memento Tuxedo Black ink and the splotch stamp from the Forever Forest stamp set. I wanted a smaller cluster of flowers, so I cut off some of the stamped & diecut image and used it on the inside.