background

Saturday, October 25, 2014

My Favorite Christmas Card

I think... lol  This design is floating all over the internet. I saw Billie Moan's version and that's what made me think I just HAD to buy this stamp set. Using the Blendabilities on top of white embossing is genius. I have now finished making enough Christmas cards to send out to friends and family. I may make some more to donate for sale at our Church Apple Festival, but it feels good to be ahead of the game in one area of my Christmas preparations;)



I’ve been using this great sparkly pen on several cards lately.  It’s Sakura brand Gelly Roll ‘clear star.’  I got a couple of them at a Stamping/Scrapbooking Convention a couple years ago. Stampin’ Up! sells a white one and a chalk marker that I like as well.

I’ve also gotta tell you about using alcohol ink markers over white embossing. After making a few of these cards, I really got the hang of it. The alcohol in the markers really reacts with the embossing powder even though it’s been heated/hardened and cooled. It’s cool because it allows you to blend a lot more. It feels like I’m painting! I saw some white rub off on the light green marker. Just to be careful, when I was finished, I scribbled on a plain sheet of white paper to get any excess off the marker. Look at the difference between the two below. I made the first one before I realized how easily they blended on top of embossed areas. The second one has more colors and they are blended better.


Project Details
Stamps
Oranmental Pine, Gorgeous Grunge, More Merry Messages
Card Stock & Papers
Basic Black, Cherry  Cobbler, Brushed Silver,
Ink
VersaMark and Blendability Pens Old Olive, Crumb Cake and Smoky Slate - all markers in a package.
Accessories
Sheer Cherry Cobbler Ribbon, All Is Calm Snowflake Embellishments, White Embossing Powder, Linen Thread
Tools
 Stampin’ Dimensionals, Heat Tool