background

Monday, October 20, 2014

Ornamental Pine and a Weekly Special

 I'm having a weird day. I sat down to make one card with these colors... then I had to make another one and change something... and then another to change something else. Before I knew it, I had made 5 cards. I haven't bought any embossing powder for years. I have lots of it, mostly from a company that is now out of business, called The Powder Keg. They had what we used to cal 'designer powders.' They mixed lots of custom combinations to get some really great effects.
  • On my first card, I used Basic Gray for the top pine branch and Silver Pearl embossing powder, on a Soft Sky cardstock. 
  • Next, I used Lost Lagoon for the top pine and omitted the Soft Sky layer.
  • Then I switched to Ivory embossing powder.
  • I returned to the Soft Sky cardstock layer, and used Gorgeous Grunge for some snow.
After all that, I wish I had white embossing powder! lol

Project Details
Stamps
Ornamental Pine
Card Stock & Papers
Lost Lagoon, Whisper White, Soft Sky
Ink
Lost Lagoon, Craft White, Soft Suede, VersaMark
Accessories
Silver Ribbon, Venetian Crochet Trim, Stampin’ Dimensionals, White Embossing Powder
Tools
Heat Tool


I've also got to tell  you about this week's specials, because there are a couple of my favorites on there. Click Here to see all of this week's specials.  I've had my eye on this Doily die for a while now, as I love the lacy look and can think of plenty of uses for it. The Decorative Window Gift Boxes can be dolled up so cute for Christmas. With this sale, 6 boxes for 3.71.. that's 62 cents each. You just can't beat that!!