background

Friday, April 20, 2012

Flower Power Challenge

For the Challenge at Impression Obsession I had an idea in my head and as is often the case everything went in several directions. First, the entry is shown below. It's not the original idea I had in my head. The stamps used were Art of God C5055 and Peach Blossom F12006. The paper is from Stampin' Up; Rose Red and Baja Breeze. The border punch is Martha Steward, the ribbon is from my stash. I stamped the peach blossom in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Prismacolor pencils. I used Distress Inks around the edges of both images and in the background of the sentiment as well as the verse itself.
This is my favorite and my entry for the challenge.
Below are various versions of the original idea that was 'stuck in my head.'
I liked this but the white seemed funny somehow...
So, I added blue. eh
I liked this one, but I also had another idea, which turned out better I think. It's the challenge entry shown first.