background

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Rainbow Row

I really do love Beaufort, but Charleston, South Carolina is my favorite city. While at Carolina Stamper, an amazing store, I was thrilled to find many South Carolina stamp images. There was the ubiquitous palmetto, our state tree in many forms. Lighthouses, our state flag and St. Michaels steeple. Then I saw it. Rainbow Row. I have a beautiful painting of it hanging in my studio that my Mom left me. It was the last one left on the shelf, so I quickly snatched it up, determined to give it a loving new home:) This is the first card I made with it. I used Stampin' up cardstock, and patterned paper. The brass charm is from Fancifuls and the image was colored with Prismacolor pencils.

Does anyone remember reading a blog tutorial on how to make an envelope? It was in the last month, and I can't find it. Great directions, much easier than others I've seen. I even commented to her on what a great tutorial it was, but for the life of me, I can't remember who it was. I know what you're thinking, but old age doesn't make me forgetful; having way too many stupid things to remember does! lol

6 comments:

  1. What a unique find! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole ! Gorgeous card & image ! Your coloring & colors are awesome. The DP goes very well with it ! And great you found the perfect creation for that wonderful Palm Tree charm !

    Thank you for your comments at my blog, they are very much appreciated. I also checked out the Video on using TomBows with Air spray.. pretty cool ! You are also lucky that you see Hummingbirds in April ! Have a great day, Shirley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole again... forgot... Shirley the Blog Co-ordinator for Impression Obsession included a tutorial on making envelopes on the IO Blog recently. I think you will find it there... cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's who it was!! Thanks Shirley:)

      Delete
  4. Beautifully done! Those colored houses are fabulous! love the addition of the charm! Kudos girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely coloring, Carole! BTW, I have a friend who lives a little way from Charleston and her brother is an artist who has painted that. He is well known, but I don't know his name. Duh Me!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to read comments:)