background

Friday, August 24, 2012

I'm in the Money...

Well, a little. But hey every little bit helps right? Gotta fund this craft habit:)  I finally sold my old sewing machine! It was 65 years old and I just don't use it. If I do sew (not often) I use a newer one that has some choices of stitches. This one was just taking up room, and it's silly to be sentimental over a sewing machine. It belonged to my Grandma whom I dearly loved. She could actually sew very well. Too bad she didn't pass that talent on to me! Mom didn't get it either, but Aunt Mable did and a couple of my cousins. Anyway, now my pocket has a bit of green in it and I can put that toward building up my cardstock, punches and embossing folders.  I have PLENTY of stamps, but I'm new to the whole punch and Bigshot scene. I have done some creating today. Remember our bird theme for the craft show display board? Well today I made a bird house for it. My friend Pam, even found the coolest quote to go with our theme. We're doing two craft shows, one in November and one in December, so this is perfect! You rock Pam!!
Carols of Gladness Ring From Every Tree
~Francis Kemble

Wonder if she knows that she's in charge of cutting out the letters on the Big Shot?