background

Monday, June 25, 2012

Designer Frames

I've bee playing around with Stampin' Up's Designer Frames, and having such fun:) I'm in the process of building up my stock of Stampin' Up card stock, and I still have quite a bit of the Hobby Lobby brand left so I am currently using both. I love the poppy stamp set from Flourishes, but Stampin' Up now has a set of poppies too that you could use if you like this look.
The card base is Hobby Lobby's brown, with a tan layer on top. The decorative paper is Mocha Morning and the yellow is So Saffron both from Stampin' Up. I colored the poppy with Prismacolor pencils, and inked the background with Distress inks. The ribbon is from my stash as is the Italian paper clip.
This card base and the orange are Hobby Lobby, while light green layer is Certainly Celery and the yellow is So Saffron from Stampin' Up. This poppy was done like the one above, the ribbon and button are from my stash. I used the Swiss Dots (Paper Studio) embossing folder on the orange layer and the Flourish embossing folder(Paper Studio) on the light green layer.
Cardstock: Stampin' Up Red Rose, Paper Studio purple
Ribbon: Paper Studio
Italian paper clip
Stamp: PSX pansy letter
Embossing folder: Paper Studio flourish
Yep, they are the same card. The one above was done using my scanner and shows the colors accurately, but blurred the text, while the one below was taken with a camera and does not show correct color but there is no blur. <Big sigh> Life was so much simpler before lightening made mince meat out of my old Epson scanner. That thing could capture color beautifully and never produced a blurry image with the object was not flat.
Rose Red - Stampin' Up
dark and light blue - Hobby Lobby
button and ribbon - my stash
script embossing folder -
lace border punch- Martha Stewart
text stamp - Happiest Birthday Wishes, Stampin' Up
Victorian lady stamp -