background

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Terrific Thursday!

I've been busy preparing for a technique class and the card ministry at my church. This first card is just for me, just for fun:) The second one will go on one of the display boards at church.

On a separate note, I gotta tell you what Cricket has been up to. Cricket is one of our Australian Shepherds. Aussies are herding dogs, and Cricket does this very well when we go on daily walks. She just naturally herds me too! Well, somebody forgot to tell her that she is not a hunting dog. While walking the other day, she flushed a bird and then proceeded to display the perfect hunting 'point.' Of course being the commensurate Aussie owner, I gushed and praised her about how naturally smart she was. She must have learned that lesson very well because the next day I came home from Physical Therapy to find Cricket sitting proudly next to a dead blue jay. You may remember last year she killed the Easter Bunny. That action resulted in a couple weeks of walks where each time we saw a bunny, I held her by the collar and carefully explained how cute they were and that she was not to hunt them. Result: no more dead bunnies. I told you Aussies are super intelligent. Our UPS man even agrees. The other day he had another driver riding with him and as he introduced our dogs to the man, he said, "Cricket reads on a third grade level and Sydney is learning algebra." Yep, today's walk will include a lesson on not killing birds, simply point at them. I bet your mother told  you it was not polite.

This design came from Anne Marie Hile. See, I'm trying to teach myself to like Summer Starfruit, so when I saw this pretty design, I had to make it. I don't have a sentiment on it yet, because I'm not sure what I'll use it for... Easter, Birthday, Get Well. The bow got squished on the scanner, but popped right back out.

Project Details
Stamps
Quint-Essential Flower
Card Stock & Papers
Primrose Petals, Summer Starfruit, Very Vanilla, and Basic Gray, In Colors DSP Paper Pad
Ink
Primrose Petals, Summer Starfruit, and Basic Gray
Accessories
Very Vanilla Satin  Ribbon, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, Basic Rhinestones
Tools
Fancy Folds & Square Lattice Embossing folders, Scallop Trim border, 2” Circle, 2- 3/8" Scallop Circle, 1- 3/4" Circle, 1" Circle, 3/4" Circle, 1/2" Circle punches
 This design came from Paula Dobson. At first I used an embossing ink pad and it looked grainy instead of nice and crisp. Then I tried my Versamark pad and voila! Much better results.

Project Details
Stamps
Mixed Bunch
Card Stock & Papers
Very Vanilla and Soft Suede
Ink
Crumb Cake and Soft Suede
Accessories
Basic Jewels Pearls, Very Vanilla satin ribbon
Tools
 Versamark pad, clear embossing powder