Sunday, January 29, 2017
This stamp set is from the SALE-A-BRATION catalog. The pretty edge designs can be used to highlight a card design, or as the focal point as I've done here. I used a resist technique; stamping in VersaMark then embossing in white. Then I sponged on colors with my sponge daubers. You can also use inks and an Aqua Painter, or a brayer.
This Stamp and Thinlit set are the bomb!
Saturday, January 28, 2017
- Stamp the dragonfly with Memento Tuxedo Black on Shimmery White Paper.
- Color the dragonflies, use an Aqua Painter with ink pads or watercolor pencils, or even markers.
- Mask the image. (I found that I had better success omitting this step.
- Sponge with up to 3 colors. Use colors that match the dragonfly.
- Background stamps
- Stencils with white craft ink.
- Sponge the edges of the card with black or brown.
White Gel Marker
Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
White Craft ink pad
Basic Gray ink pad
Various colors Ink Pads
Shimmery White cardstock
Dragonfly Dreams stamp set
Window Plastic & circle punches to make stencil
- Awesomely Artistic
- Butterfly Basics
- Touches of Texture
- Timeless Texture
- En Francais (retired)