Wednesday, June 9, 2021
I learned of this fun fold from a fellow Demo in the UK, Claire Ottaway. It's a great card to use with our double-sided designer series paper. Here is a FREE PDF file of the tutorial with diagrams.
- On the long side of the card base, with the fold at the top, place a tick mark with your pencil 3-1/2” from the edge.
- Rotate the card base so that the short side is at the top. Place a tick mark with your pencil 2-3/4” from the edge.
- Score a line from one tick mark to the next. Be sure to go over it a couple of times so that it will go through both pieces of cardstock.
- Use a bone folder to press the scored triangle to the inside of the card base.
- Cut three panels, two from Designer Series Paper and one from basic white cardstock 5-3/8” x 4," white and two different patterns of DSP: follow the same procedure as on the card base. On the long side place a pencil tick mark at 3-1/2” from the edge. On the short side place a tick mark at 1-1/4” from the edge. Cut from one pencil tick mark to the other.
- To cut the triangles for the inside fold-in pieces, cut a rectangle 3-1/4” x 2-9/16,” then cut from one corner to the opposite corner. If the pattern is directional, you may need to cut an additional triangle.
- Decorate the top left corner on the front cover by gluing pansies on the bottom edge. Be sure the flowers do not extend beyond the size of a 4-1/” x 5-1/2” card.