background

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Review of New Catalog Items

I'm so excited about getting my first order from the NEW Stampin' Up! catalog!! I love to hear what others are ordering and I thought you might like to see what I'm getting. Naturally, there are TONS of other things I want, but I'm a retired teacher, so I only make half of the nothing that I used to make. lol!!

I am very excited about the magnetic platform for the Big Shot, but I want to wait until some others buy and USE it successful before I fork over the $39.00. I use sticky notes to hold the framelits in place right now, but if it works well, the magnetic platform would be terrific!

The other thing I'm waiting on is the new rotary attachment for the paper trimmer. I'd dearly love to cut paper with pretty shaped edges, but again, before I fork over the money, I'd like to see how successful it works for other people.

So, what IS in my first order, that's coming next Thursday? I just love the Beautifully Baroque stamp and coordinating embossing folder & paper!! Of course the new ruffle ribbon goes beautifully with the patterned paper, so I chose the Pistachio color.
 I just squealed when I saw the Lovely Romance stamp set. Then when I saw the beautiful paper to match, I bout wet my pants!! I just love marbled paper, and that design is gorgeous. It reminds me of when I used to make marbled paper with the kids as we studied the Middle Ages. Each student made their own hand-bound book complete with marbled paper end pages and Illuminated Letters on the cover. I had the most fun teaching the Gifted and Talented classes:)
I tried really hard to like these, because they came in the new Incolors, which I think are simply gorgeous, but I just don't. I don't know why. I think they look kind of plasticy and cheap. The Pistashio and Bermuda Bay colors look so washed out, not at all like the card stock.
When I saw these clay molds I thought, "see, who needs those other things?" I can make these in any colors I want using the ink refills, plus they are very light. My friend Pam got some and had great success in making them. The flowers she made were sooo pretty! So I decided to get the molds and some clay instead of the Boutique Details pictured above. Hey, I may never buy any more buttons. I can make them in any color I like:)

 I can see so many uses for these framelits. I'm constantly drawing and tracing to make tags. These even have interesting shapes, and I won't waste cardstock trying to get the stupid ends cut evenly. Plus, there are a couple of stamp sets that coordinate with them so I'll save up my money and buy them later. I can't wait until Thursday so I can make some cool tags.
 Okay, so these two are not new, but I wanted them for the card ministry at my church. We make cards to send to those in the congregation needing prayers, sympathy, get well, and birthdays to our seniors. I've already got wood grain stamp and embossing folder for the trees too.