background

Monday, February 9, 2015

Ethereal Flutterby

I started out making one thing with totally different colors and ended up with this one. The card I intended to make using Window Sheets just didn't float my boat. Navy and Crisp Cantaloupe do go together so well usually, but with this card eh, not so much. Then there was the glue and Window Sheet. I'm out of 2-Way Glue Pen and I didn't like the glue residue that was apparent no matter how little I used and how careful I was.

I switched colors to two pastels instead of such a stark contrast, and tried vellum instead of Window Plastic. Then I decided it needed something printed behind it, but there was no paper in those colors in my stash.

AHA the Irresistibly Yours Designer Paper worked great! Since it has an embossed finish on it, I randomly sponged Coastal Cabana and Pistachio over the piece and adhered it behind the vellum. There result is lovely as you see a subtle dreamy pattern behind the flutterby:)


Project Details
Stamps
Happy Watercolor
Card Stock & Papers
Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White, Vellum, Irresistibly Yours Designer Series Paper
Ink
Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding,Black
Accessories
Coastal Cabana & Pistachio Pudding Ruffled Ribbon
Tools
Sticky Tape, Sponge Daubers