background

Friday, August 24, 2018

Terrific Trees!

I started making some cards for masculine birthdays, but who doesn't love trees? These lovely stamped images are perfect for anyone:) I really love how the thinlits have the embossing capability, those leaves in the background add just the right touch.

I wanted to create some variations of color in the big tree, so after stamping in Old Olive, I sponged some Mossy Meadow in a few places. Of course I also sponged the trunk with Early Espresso because you just can't have a green tree trunk. On the  tree ring card, I also wanted some depth of color, so after stamping in crumb cake, I sponged the edges with soft suede, then sponged the thinnest outside edge with early espresso.
Big Tree
Tree Ring
Materials used for the "Big Tree":


Product List
Materials used for the "Tree Ring":



Product List




Someone always has her eyes on the ball. We have an outdoor seating area under a beautiful Japanese Maple where some of Tesla's balls are kept suspended in the tree. Why are they kept in the tree you ask? Because Tesla would drag them all over creation and we'd never have one when we need to play. We once put a ball in the elastic band holding the umbrella closed on the deck. We thought she surely couldn't get up there and retrieve that ball. HA the joke was on us when we spotted our precious pooch up on the table, standing on her hind legs to get her ball out of the umbrella. Then she stood at the door and barked, when we came out she was all happy, "Look I found my ball, wanna play?"