background

Friday, September 7, 2018

Obession With Blue

The new Holiday catalogs are out and in your hands! There's so much to love in that catalog isn't there? One of my favorites is the Country Home stamp set and the Tin Tile Dynamic Texture Impressons embossing folder. These deeper detail embossing folders are amazing! I simply adore old Tin Tile ceilings and country decorating, so these products were the obvious choice for me to buy. Those of you who know me, realize that blue is far beyond my favorite color, it is my OBSESSION! My love affair with blue began in elementary school. I wanted blue everything!! Of course, what color did my Mom decorate my room with??? Pink, cause I was a little girl in the 60's. Nevermind that I was a tomboy who was obsessed with blue. Hmmmm that might be exactly why she used pink in my bedroom! lol

This card is an ode to blue. I stamped the flowers on the diecut circle and colored them with alcohol ink markers. Then I stamped the pitcher on another piece of cardstock, colored it and cut it out. You've seen embossing folders used with ink before right? If you haven't seen this technique before, it is very easy. I inked up a brayer with Night of Navy ink, then rolled it right on the embossing folder. Next I placed my thick Whisper White card stock inside and ran it through the Big Shot. Voila! I had instant blue and white tiles. Clean up is a breeze, you simply run the embossing folder under water and it washes away the ink. Blue makes me soooo happy!!



Product List