background

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Watercolor Pencil Fun

 I have always loved watercolor as a medium. I usually like it better when they belong to others lol. When painting, I have never been able to achieve the effects like I do with acrylic paints. However, with color pencils and stamping I get much better results. 

I had fun yesterday making these four cards. I began stamping the images onto watercolor paper with Crumb Cake ink, then coloring with pencils and a small paint brush. A Water Brush works well too. I just painted them various colors, then when finished, I selected colors of cardstock that complemented each piece. Next I went to my DSP stash and chose paper colors that complemented what I had gathered so far. I then used the retired Scripty embossing folder. I used the same layout for each one, embellishing them with 2021-2022 In Color Jewels and some retired Glitter Dots. I also used the Triple Banner punch to flag the ends of the DSP.

Left: Granny Apple Green, Crushed Curry and Soft Suede, Fine Floral DSP 
Right: Pale Papaya, Flirty Flamingo, Highland Heather, Fine Floral DSP

Left: Pear Pizzazz, Pale Papaya, Daffodil Delight Expressions in Ink DSP
Right: Rich Razzleberry, Highland Heather, Blackberry Beauty DSP