background

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Christmas Is Coming

Ornamental Pine is such a classic stamp set. That must be why I like it so much. I'm a classic kinda girl ya know? I love putting different effects to simulate snow on the pinecones and branches. I've used the splotches on the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set with white embossing powder, and Dazzling Details. I've even used puffy paint stuff with my heat tool. It is a pen called 'Snow Marker' from Marvy Uchida. I got it at a scrapbook store while traveling. To make these pinecones snowy, I prefer white embossing powder. How to apply that to the negative spaces on the stamped pinecone was a challenge. I tried various markers, but they all dried before I could get the embossing powder on. I could not find the embossing pen I used to have, but I looked on another shelf and spotted a bottle of embossing ink. Aha! I grabbed a tiny paint brush, applied ink to the negative spaces, grabbed my tweezers, dipped it in my box of white embossing powder and fired up the heat tool. SUCESS!

Project Details
Stamps
Ornamental Pine, Gorgeous Grunge
Card Stock & Papers
Very Vanilla: card base 5 ½ x 8½ score at 4 ¼
                           2 ¾  x 4 ¼  
Soft Suede:    3 x 4 ½  
Ink
Soft Suede, Mossy Meadow, Chocolate Chip, Silver Encore Metallic
Accessories
Gold, Dazzling Details
Tools
Stampin’ Dimensionals
design by Julie Gearinger

Project Details
Stamps
Ornamental Pine, That’s The Ticket
Card Stock & Papers
Early Espresso:  5 ½ x 8½ score at 4 ¼
                                 2 ½ x 3 ¾
Cherry Cobbler: 4 x 5 ¼
                                 2 3/8 x 3 5/8
Whisper White:  3 ¾ x 5  Woodgrain embossed
                                 2 ¼ x 3 ½
Trim the Tree DSP: 2 x 3 ¾
Ink
Mossy Meadow, Early Espresso
Accessories
Pearls Basic Jewels, Antique Brad, White Organza ribbon dyed with Always Artichoke ink pad
Tools
Woodgrain embossing folder, Ticket Duo Punch