background

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Beautiful Papers Make Lovely Things

With the paper sale beginning this Saturday, I wanted to make something that really shows the gorgeous double-sided paper Stampin' Up! has. This origami folio is fun and I haven't made one in years and years! I remember making them with my 5th graders for Mothers' Day when I was teaching. We used wrapping paper and inside they put a pretty card or letter they made for Mom.

I stepped it up by using the Blooms and Bliss designer series paper. I just love the double sided-look for this project. I also adjusted the size to hold 4 cards and envelopes. Using the coordinating stamp set Blooms and Wishes just really makes a professional looking gift. Below are the folio and the 4 cards. Of course I stamped the insides and envelopes to match:)
FREE PDF tutorial Thank you for choosing me as your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I really appreciate your business.
Directions to make

  1. cut DSP to 8 ½” x 11”
  2. with the 11” side at the top of your score board, score at 3” and at 8”  (black lines)
  3. With the 8  ½" side at the top of your score board, score at 1” (black lines)
  4. cut the four corner sections away on a slight angle
  5. use an exacto knife to cut two ¼ inch long slits in the middle for the ribbon insertion (dotted lines)
 

Product List