background

Monday, June 19, 2017

Crafting Forever

When I saw this card by Shannon Lane, I knew I had to copy her design, it is AMAZINGLY AWESOME! That card convinced me to buy that stamp set. I was on the fence about it, wondering how versatile it would be. I used a sentiment from the Painters' Palette stamp set, but I will be getting the Just Add Text set as I LOVE the sentiments in it, especially Van Gogh's quote, "I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people."

I tried a few things in coloring the pot of paint brushes:
First I used reinkers and an Aqua Painter on glossy paper, but I didn't like the way they blended.

Then I used regular Whisper White and reinkers with an Aqua Painter. I thought this was better, but still wanted a smoother blend. (I haven't quite mastered the art of watercolor yet.)


Next I grabbed my Copic markers, but the blending wasn't quite right... then I realized I was still  using Whisper White.Finally, I had my Copic Blending Card Stock and Copic markers. I liked it the best so that one, so it made it on my  card.

The background technique was done with our new glossy paper and two ink pads, Bermuda Bay and Old Olive. Shannon gives directions on the Stampin' Up! Blog post linked above.




Product List