background

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Fall into Christmas

The First card Was done with Colorful Seasons stamp set and Thinlits. I used Shimmery White to watercolor a wash, then die cut the leaves and a flower. The chair and detailed leaf are cut from Always Arthichoke. The splatters are from the Touches of Texture stamp set I washed a bit of Crushed Curry with an Aqua Painter on the background too. The ribbons Old Olive 1/8 Sheer, Wild Wasabi Seam Binding, and Lemon Lime Twist Ombre. Puched 1-3/4 Circle from Whisper White.



Smoky Slate card base 4-1/4 x 11. Score at 5-1/2 and 2-3/4 inches. The background panels are Night of Navy cut at 2-11/16 x 4-1/8 and 5-7/16 x 4-1/8.  The city scapes were cut from Whisper White and Sahara Sand (2 of each) the front panel is then cut to fit.

I meant to emboss the greeting directly on the Night of Navy, but didn't realize that I didn't have silver embossing powder until AFTER I had stamped it. <roll eyes> I grabbed an iridescent ice, but that didn't show up. Sooooo I stamped in Silver Metallic Encore on Whisper White to cover up the mistake.

I got the idea for this design from fellow Demo Brian King, but I changed the dimensions and colors around a bit.