background

Monday, August 12, 2019

Shimmer Paint Magnolia




I tried something new and I like it! I promise it looks even prettier in real life. I tried to take photos but the shimmer and light didn't turn out well. These scans are a much better view of what they look like.

I embossed Petal Pink cardstock, one in white and the other in gold. I used a paint brush to apply Shimmer Paint on my Silicone Craft Sheet, then painted the petals. That pink tint behind the Shimmer Paint was just what I wanted. I've not heard of anyone using reinkers with Shimmer Paint before, so I thought I'd give a try. I put one drop of Pear Pizzazz Reinker in my puddle of Shimer Paint. It mixed together just fine, so I thought it just might work. It did!

I used Crushed Curry for the flower center. Then I wanted some petals to be a bit darker, so I added some Petal Pink reinker to Shimer Paint on some of the white embossed flower petals.