background

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Mountain Air Is Calling My Name

I have three cards to show you today. The first one is my favorite!! It's a different version of a card I did recently where I cased  (copy and share everything)  a card from the catalog. This time I changed it up a bit, by adding Mossy Meadow frames, using a diecut tree, and stamping the tree line then brayering grass. The sponge brayer works so well for this as it leaves a texture and a more consistant coloring than if using a sponge dauber.

First I brayered some Seaside Spray ink at the top of my cardstock for the sky. For the mountains, I used the re ersible side of the satmp and stampedof Highland Heather twice for the mountains furthest away. Then I stamped off Highland Heather once for the next set of mountains. The last line of mountains was Night of Navy stamped off once. The interesting thing I found when stamping off a solid stamp onto printer paper, was that the stamp picked up the texture from the paper. I didn't really like that, so I used Whisper White cardstock to stamp off of. It is sooooo smooth, and leaves no texture. I also found that I liked using my Stampin' Pierce Mat for the stamping off. You have to be sure to stamp lightly, or you will get 'lines' from the edge of the stamp pad on your stamp... and you don't want mountains with ink lines in them lol.

For the foreground mountains, I flipped the stamp over to the detailed side and stamped in Night of Navy ink. Iw wanted to diecut this mountain line, but not the bottom because I wanted to stamp the tree line. So, I simply layed the die on the mountains, and puled the bottom of the paper out in front of the die so that it only cut the top of the mountains.

Next I stamped the treeline in Mossy Meadow ink beginning at the base of the mountains. I used my sponge brayer again to add Mossy Meadow grass in the foreground. Then I adhered this to the layer of solid mountains and trimmed the bottom a bit to fit.


Product List