background

Monday, January 6, 2020

Paradisiac Poppies!

I know what you're thinking... did she make up that word Paradisac? Nope, it's a real word! It means befitting or relating to Paradise; idyllic or ideal; heavenly. I adore Popies! When I was a little girl, we lived on a farm in Indiana, where my Grandma had planted all kinds of flowers. She would walk me around the yard and tell me the names of each flower: peony, lily of the vally, buttecup, iris, tulip, dafodil, lilac and poppy. Lilacs, peonies, and poppies were my favorites. The lilacs smelled wonderful and I loved purple, the peony bush was so lush and full, but the poppies.... ahhhh. They just made me so happy!

Naturally, I swooned when I saw this die set in the Mini Catalog. It was the first thing on my order. The frist card design came into my head as I was falling asleep last night. Then there's the calendar that sits next to my computer. Who doesn't love black, white and red? Remember that old elementary school joke, What's black and white and red all over? lol

By the way, my Stamparatus saved my card as usual. Lining up text is a breeze with this tool that literally lives on my desktop. I's the BEST stamp positioning tool on the market bar none!

For this calendar I used the directions found here: https://scmagnolia.blogspot.com/2018/10/calendar-time.html                      I only changed the orientation of the base.



Product List