background

Saturday, June 4, 2022

Triple Opening Card

 I saw this card from a Demo in France (Christine Fejard) and loved it. There were no measurements or directions, and she called it a Double Shutter Card. When I searched for that type of card, it didn't look anything like this. I have directions for a Double Shutter but it didn't look like this either, so I winged it. I got out some scrap DSP and retired cardstock to experiment with. I measured and cut and worked until I got it to look like Christine's card, but I'm not sure the operation is the same. I like though! I'm calling it a Triple Opening Card.



All measurements in inches

  1. Two Piece Base: Basic White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored @ 4-1/4.

    Basic White 2-3/4 x 5-1/2 score on the short side @ 1/2” adhere this scored section to the back of the larger piece on the left.

  2. Starry Sky 4 x 5-1/4 layer on outside of larger base.

    DSP (Tahitan Tide print) 3-3/4 x 5 adhere on top of Starry Skylayer

  3. Starry Sky 5-1/4 x 2 for the left front flap

    DSP 5 x 1-3/4 adhere on top of Starry Sky layer If desired: for inside the left front flap repeat Starry Sky layer and DSP layers

  4. Mini Card that attaches to the front: 5-1/2 x 3-1/2 score on long side @2-3/4 and adhere to back of small flap on card base. Starry Sky layer 2-1/2 x 3-1/4 DSP layer 2-1/4 x 3

  5. Diecut Tahitian Tide cup, then diecut the leaf pattern for cup in Basic White. Adhere to front with dimensionals.

  6. Diecut lemon and sections from Crushed Curry and So Saffron, adhere to top of cup.

  7. Stamp in Starry Sky onto Basic White then Diecut teabag and adhere to Baker's Twine with glue dots, then attach the teabag with a dimensional.

  8. Stamp sentiment on Basic White and adhere to front.

  9. Stamp sentiment on the inside and stamp other images for decoration.