background

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Brusho & Embossing Paste

When I was a little girl, one of my favorite things to do with crayons was to make a "design" with lots of colors it it. I'd fill up a whole sheet of paper with a random design of circles, ovals, loops etc. then I'd color in all the closed shapes with different colors. How I loved that big ole' box of Crayola 64... with the sharpener in the back!

Inspired by those memories, I decided to do something similar with Brushos and silver embossing paste. I chose silver because it would stand out and because it is thinner than the white or shimmery. I needed to be able to 'draw' my swirls with it, so I began searching in my craft room for some squirty type bottle to put the embossing paste in. I looked an empty mustard bottle, but the opening was too big. I ended up using an empty bottle of glitter glue. I filled it about 1/3 full of the embossing paste.

I spritzed the watercolor paper with water, then sprinkled on the Brusho powders, added more water then used a Heat Tool to dry. (I'm much to impatient to wait for it to dry naturally! Next, I drew/squeezed squiggles of embossing paste over the design. I had to wait for it to dry, then my background was done.

I wanted something simple on this background because it is so busy, so I chose the dragonfly thinlit. Brushing some Wink of Stella on it added some shimmer.


Product List