background

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Color Selection Tools

A bit more about the color selection process. Two tools I use a LOT are, my cardstock deck, and my designer series paper swatch book. Initially I made the swatch books to show customers what patterns were available in the various packages. However, I soon found out that I was using them a lot as I designed cards and other projects. I made cardstock decks for my customers. If you'd like to make one of your own you can download the file here.

As I looked at the list of colors found in this DSP (designer series paper), I looked at my cardstock deck and tried to decide which ones to use. I ended up selecting Petal Pink and Soft Sea Foam. I NEVER would have thought of using these two colors together had it not been for the colors in this pretty paper:) The two pieces of DSP measure 2-1/4" x 3" and 2-3/4" x 4." The card sketch I used is pictured below as well.




Product List