background

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Sneak Peeks From the New Catalog

This is my biggest, best favorite!! I loved all the products in this suite so I bought them all every single thing the stamp set, the dies, the embossing folder, the designer series paper, the laser-cut foil embellishments, and the ribbon!! It all just made me swoon the first time I looked at the catalog. The catalog will be available for customers to order from beginning June 3rd. There are so many other pretty things I'll post it as fast as I can get things made!

The inside of this card is the same mechanism that's in a "Card in the Box" technique.  My card was inspired by fellow demo, Bronwyn Eastley. In my head I knew how this was going to work,  but I had to cut and measure, try it out with old paper, then see what would work. Then readjust the measurements to get it to fit inside the card. It was a good bit of trial and error. So if you'd like a little look at what the process was I have a couple of pictures of that too. I will write up a more detailed tutorial or a video in the very near future. In the meantime, for those adventureous souls who wish to try with measurements they are listed below.


The process: I used cheap Walmart cardstock to make prototypes with until I got the measurements right.

I cut out plenty of leaves, not knowing how many I'd need. I used all the colors found in the DSP so it all coordinates!
I began making these sample squares of DSP to show customers, then discovered it was a valuable tool for me to use when designing cards:)



For the inside planter box mechanism (all measurements in inches)

smaller planter box:
  • cut cardstock (2) 1-1/2 x 2 (sides)
  • cut cardstock (2) 2 x 2-1/2 score at 1/2” from each end with the long side across the top (front & back)
  • DSP (2) 1-1/2 x 1-15/16
larger planter box:
  • cut cardstock (2) 2 x 2 (front& back)
  • cut cardstock (2) 2 x 2-3/4 score at 1/2” at both ends with long side across the top (sides)
  • DSP (2) 1-5/8 x 1-15/16 and (1) 2 x 1-15/16
notes:
miter corners of cardstock on scored ends before gluing
Last piece, lay flat before gluing
glue side of smaller planter to the inside cover of the card