background

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Magnolia Card Set

 I saw this adorable card set holder made by fellow Demo, Lisa Freeman, and I had to make one! Hers had a handle so it resembles a purse. I left the handle off mine, and it is still so stinkin' cute! I'm still making card sets to give out to friends, so this will be another one. So far, I've made and given 6 of them. I have this one ready to go and one half way done. How many more? Hmmm maybe 3 more ought to do it. Y'all, they have been so delighted to get them! It's not a holiday, it's not their birthday, I just wanted to brighten their day and give them something that they can send to others to brighten other's days. With our country in such turmoil this year, I think every little thing we can do for others is so needed. 

Here are the measurements:

2 pieces of 7-1/2 x 4-3/4 Mossy Meadow cardstock score @ 1-1/2 on long side

2 pieces of 5-3/4 x 4-1/2 DSP

acetate box cut in half: To cut keep it flat and cut at 4 inches and cut off smallest flaps then assemble the box. Adhere clear box at the scoreline NOT the bottom ONLY the back. Use three pieces of Tear & Tape to adhere to cardstock and the large flap to keep it shut.

1 piece of 4-3/4 x 4-1/2 Mossy Meadow cardstock scored @ 1-1/2 and 3 on the 4-1/2 side then dry emboss  

Lisa made a video tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8YSW8U6QGg&feature=youtu.be

The outside of the holder/box/could be purse
It opens to reveal two half acetate boxes full of cards. It can hold 8-10 cards and envelopes
I got this idea from Leslie Jenra, and thought it was the prettiest layout!