background

Sunday, February 27, 2022

Calming Camellia

 The Calming Camellia stamp set from the SALE-A-BRATION catalog is so lovely. You can earn it as a host set with any party or personal order of $300 or more. I have tried some different techniques on these two cards that you will love.

On this card, I stamped the floral image in Night of Navy ink onto Balmy Blue cardstock. I then colored the image with watercolor pencils and used a Blender Pen (p. 129 in the annual catalog) to apply just enough moisture to activate the watercolor pencils. I used white, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green and Old Olive pencils. Such a fun technique and so easy too.

Stamps

Calming Camellia, Very Versailles

Paper

Night of Navy, Balmy Blue, Silver Foil, Basic White

Ink

Night of Navy, Balmy Blue

Embellishments

Glittered Organdy Ribbon, Watercolor Pencils

Tools

Tasteful Labels Dies, Blender Pen


On the card below, I used the same technique with the Watercolor Pencils and Blender Pen AND did something fun with the White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon. I used two pieces of ribbon to make a double bow. On the first piece of ribbon, I used the dark Soft Seafoam Stampin' Blend marker to color the ribbon. It's so simple, you just use the brush end of the marker and run in over the ribbon one time on one side and voila, you have a ribbon of any color you like! For the other piece of ribbon, I stamped it! that's right, I used the leaf stamp in the set with Rich Razzleberry ink and stamped the ribbon for a patterned effect. I allowed it to dry for a few minutes and it was ready to go.  

On the white panel, I used the leaf stamp with Soft Seafoam ink (stamped off) to make a random pattern on the cardstock. Then I embossed with the Parisian Flourish embossing folder. 

The next layer is a diecut from the Celebration Labels Dies. I used a Blending Brush to apply some Soft Seafoam ink. The image was stamped in Basic Gray ink. 

I stamped the floral image on a second piece of Basic White cardstock and used Watercolor Pencils and a Blender Pen. I fussy cut the image and popped it up with Stampin' Dimensionals over the floral image on the Celebration Label. 

I really love how this card turned out, it's for my Sister In Law's birthday.

Stamps

Calming Camellia

Paper

Rich Razzleberry, Basic White

Ink

Soft Seafoam, Basic Gray, Rich Razzleberry, Memento Tuxedo Black. Dark Soft Seafoam Stampin' Blend marker

Embellishments

Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon, Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals

Tools

Parisian Flourish embossing folder