background

Friday, February 18, 2022

Windmill Art House

 Boy is there a story behind this creation. Fellow Demo, Jo Blackmon made one from a tutorial created by Alexandra Morein. Like Alexandra, Jo made a photo book for the drawer and photo sleeves that attach under the roof panels. I loved how Jo used the Tulip Fields dies and Flowering Fields DSP, but I keep thinking of what else I could use the house for besides photos? I have been lucky enough to grow up with a wonderful sister-in-law. She patiently encouraged me in developing my artistic nature despite the fact that ADHD made art difficult for me as a child. Barb, an art teacher and artist, married my big brother when I was 10, and was the best big sister! She introduced me to rubber stamp art many years ago as onset of adulthood lessened my ADHD symptoms. When I began painting, she encouraged me as always with gentle suggestions for improvement. All this lead me to think I would like to my windmill building into an Art House.

The storage compartment behind the windmill holds my drawing pencils and an eraser. The drawer holds a sketch book I got from Barb and covered with the tulip paper. The roof panels open to reveal two small paintings.