background

Friday, May 19, 2023

Making Something Totally Different

 Hello everyone Happy Friday! I'm making something totally different right now. I saw the new Vintage Library Collection from Stamperia and got totally wrapped up in the story that I thought all the pictures in the paper were telling. Boy dragons and castles and owls and magicians you got me This Harry Potter loving girl was sucked in right away. So I'm making a storybook for my great-niece, Isabella. My big brother, her grandpa, used to tell me the most amazing fractured fairy tales when I was little. When he told the three little pigs the Big Bad Wolf was teaching the three little pigs how to do the twist like Elvis and wearing blue suede shoes. When all of the other versions of fairy tail started coming on the children's literature market in the 1990s, I was so excited I bought them all and I do mean ALL! I want to share this with Isabella, So I'm making a mini album but not for pictures It will tell a story from the dragon's viewpoint, But instead of just turning pages like a regular book, it will have interactive elements like a mini album. You know the flip-ups and fold outs and belly bands with waterfall pages etc. I've got the character's named, some of the story written, and located some great illustrations of additional characters in the book. The book loving dragon who lives in a castle with the most enormous library you have ever seen, will tell about the other versions of the three little pigs and Cinderella and share his favorite books.

I made a super quick video just showing you the papers and other things I got and telling briefly some of the plans.