background

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Rubber Stamp Show!!

I experimented with my new stamp and Flowersoft. I thought I didn't want to use it all over - you know, not overpower it. What do you think? Would it look better as grass

It's been several years since I've been to a show, so I went with a friend to one in Columbia, South Carolina, called the Stamp Scrap Art Tour. I drove all the way there with my new GPS and didn't have any problems. The last time I used a GPS, I borrowed it from my husband. It wasn't a very successful experience, since the dumb thing was speaking German and I couldn't figure out how to get it to speak English! You know it's hard to watch the road and traffic and the GPS to see where you're supposed to go. Today, my new unit was speaking English and I thought that would make it so easy. It wasn't real easy trying to navigate traffic and listen at the same time. (Maybe it's one of those blonde things my husband keeps laughing at).

It was a very nice show and we had a great time. I was surprised to see my neighbor there and find out that she scrapbooks. She had a friend with her who works with rubber stamps also. I'm so excited to have met someone from my hometown who uses rubber stamps!!

So, what did I buy? What did I see? What did I learn?

First of all, I discovered a couple stamp companies. Rubber Cottage had the most amazing realistic images. I bought a barn with Mailpouch Tobacco painted on the side, and left several others there. That's okay, though because I have their website and when my budget allows, I will be using it! As I looked at their samples, I saw some very beautiful cards with some type of crushed material covering the grassy areas. I knew from friends on Split Coast Stampers that it might be Flower Soft. I asked and sure enough it was. They even told me which both had some for sale. I promptly relieved them of a few jars! I also got two sets of sentiment stamps from Motivet rubber stamps. I hadn't heard of this company either, and I really liked their images as well. Stamp On It, a Michigan company, had the most unique dies called Geo Dies. These are definitely on my wish list as well. They kind of remind of the new Spellbinders dies. Tessler Stamps and Stencils had some beautifully intricate dies too, that I managed to keep my wallet away from. I bought some glitter type gel pens and a paper distressing tool which I thought would be just the thing to use with my woodgrain embossing folder.
Tim Holtz woodgrain embossing folder - I used my new distressing tool on the edges.
I added Flowersoft to this card that I did a few weeks ago. I like the way it's just a bit of texture here.
This Flowersoft is just the coolest accent!