background

Friday, March 30, 2012

That's One Giant Stamp

You know how I said I would NEVER unmount another Magenta stamp? Well... this is absolutely the last one! I have an excuse too. This stamp was 7 1/2 inches by 9 1/2 inches!!! I kid you not. This monstrosity retailed for $45.00 when I got it for cost the Stamp Store I demoed for. I thought the image was soooo elegantly beautiful that I just HAD to have it. Want to hazard a guess as to how many times I used it? Yep, once. And I can't even tell  you what I did with that image either! I had thoughts of framing it... Yesterday the practical Scotch half of me, decided that I needed to actually use this thing and get my money's worth. It's really not like me at all to have things and not use them. The playful, fun-loving Irish half of me simply will not allow it. As I studied this gorgeous image I saw three distinct images within it. I really needed to unmount it and cut it into three images. I tossed it in the microwave and prepared to do battle with the ultimate stickiness of the foam. Then, I got an idea. What if I pulled just the rubber off, separating it from the foam and wood instead of pulling the foam and rubber off the wood? I did, and it was MUCH easier!  I wonder if allll the others would have posed less of a problem if I'd used this method? NO, I am absolutely NOT going to try another one to see if this is the case.

Here is the stamp before, remember it is 7.5 by 9.5.

This is how I cut them apart. One piece would not fit in a CD case so I used a photo mailer.
I found these photo mailers at the Dollar store. They come two to a package and are nice and stiff. Sturdy and cheap for unmounted rubber.

Out in the woods yesterday, my husband and I rescued this baby bunny from a trap. It was unhurt, and soooo adorable. It liked me better too, I could tell because it was much calmer when I held it:) I tried to take another picture as we released it, but it scampered off much too quickly.