background

Saturday, July 18, 2020

Plaid Challenge

This card was made using 3 pieces. The diecuts are from the Best Plaid Builder Die, in the big catalog.
I first tried to cut the die on the paper cutter and that didn't turn out well. I found the best way was to adhere the two plaid pieces onto another piece of cardstock, then use a paper cutter to cut to size.
  1. I glued the two plaid pieces to the Whisper White cardstock, then used my paper trimmer, to cut that to 4 x 5-1/2, and adhered it to the card base.
  2.  I used a poinsettia diecut from the upcoming August - December Mini Catalog. I embellished my flower with the new Beaded Pearls which will be in the Mini Catalog as well. You could use any stamped image, ribbon or diecut  to embellishment your card.
  3. Adhere them to the plaid and you have an instant wow card.
In the annual catalog, you can see some examples on pages 133, 174 and 28 using the Best Plaid die. I've challenged my local customers to use the plaid die to make a card. I'm anxious to see what they come up with! Edited to add: I've posted customer's cards below.
Product List

Deb

Tina (look closely and you'll see the sheet music she put behind the plaid.
Maureen
Betsy