background

Monday, March 7, 2022

Large Card Collection Box

  Large Card Collection Box

I've made many types of card set holders over the years and occasionally given larger collections of cards in a gift basket. I think this is the first time I've made a box to hold 25-35 cards and envelopes. I'm giving it to a friend at church is so faithfully sends out cards to many people. I know she will use these, so I'm blessed to be able to assist her in blessing others.

The box is made of black chip board and covered with Designer Series Paper. I chose Daffodil Afternoons from our recent SALE-A-BRATION catalog. The colors are cheerful and I feel sure that my friend will love the happy flowers. On the front, I adhered a brass charm that I found in my stash of things. You know, I think I may have gotten it in the late 90's at an Atlanta Paper Arts Convention. Inside I cut dividers from cardstock and used my Envelope Punch Board to create tabs. 

To make the box, I cut chip board to the sizes listed below and attached them together with construction strips. These are one inch strips of cardstock scored in half with Tear & Tape. If you've never made these before, I found a video that shows how it's done. https://youtu.be/IGlXwMAr_mc



Chipboard Box

Box:

6-1/4 x 5-1/4

(cut 2) 6-1/4 x 5-1/4

(cut 2) 5-1/4 x 5-1/4

Lid:

6-3/8 x 5-3/8

(cut 2) 6-3/8 x 1-1/2

(cut 2) 5-3/8 x 1-1/2

Designer Series Paper

Box:

(cut 2) 6-1/8 x 5-1/8

(cut 2) 5-1/8 x 5-1/8

Lid:

6-1/4 x 5-1/4

(cut 2) 6-1/4 x 1-3/8

(cut 2) 5-1/4 x 1-3/8


Cardstock Dividers:

6-1/8 x 5-1/4

Notch the top (long side) with Envelope Punch Board